Night mode
News

Commotion As Fire Guts 3-Storey Building In Anambra




The inferno, which began round 9.45 a.m. from one of many flats within the constructing, was allegedly attributable to {an electrical} fault.

fire in building

File photograph

According to a report by PM News, hearth on Thursday gutted down a bit of a three-storey residential constructing positioned alongside Moore avenue by Bida street in Onitsha, Anambra State.

The inferno, which began round 9.45 a.m. from one of many flats within the constructing, was allegedly attributable to {an electrical} fault.

An eyewitness mentioned that residents throughout the neighbourhood made frantic efforts to quench the hearth earlier than the arrival of fireplace preventing officers.


“The Fire Service later arrived and, in collaboration with officers from the Red Cross, were able to put out the fire.

“Thank God for the intervention; the fire was already extending to the main market,” the supply mentioned.

ALSO READ  Supreme Court To Hear Ihedioha's Fresh Application On February 18

Confirming the incident, the spokesperson of the Police Command within the south-eastern state, Mr Haruna Mohammed, mentioned that no life was misplaced and no casualty was recorded.


“At about 9:30 a.m. today (19/3/2020), there was a fire incident inside a residential building at No.13 Bida road by Moore Street, Onitsha.

“The situation was brought under control and the entire area was cordoned off by the Police and sister agencies, to prevent looters from taking advantage of the stampede to wreak havoc,” Mohammed mentioned.

He defined that preliminary investigation had revealed that the hearth resulted from an influence surge.


“The Commissioner of Police, Mr John Abang, has ordered for a discreet investigation to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident,”
he mentioned.

Source link

Leave a Comment