Night mode
News

Coronavirus: FG denies buying used protective gear from China




The Federal Government has refuted claims that it purchased used protective gear from China as ‘faux information.

The audio, which was circulated on social media, claimed that Nigeria was looking for to purchase used protective gear from China.

Reacting, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, mentioned the reviews undoubtedly orchestrated job by a charlatan and must be disregarded.

He additionally debunked claims that Nigeria was ready for cash from the World Health Organisation (WHO), earlier than taking drastic measures.

Mohammed mentioned it was additionally incorrect, claims that the nation had no funds to deal with the illness as a result of its international reserves had been exhausted, funds had been stolen, and that the determine of these contaminated by Coronavirus was understated.

“This is a most irresponsible, inaccurate and undoubtedly orchestrated job by a charlatan and must be disregarded by all Nigerians.

ALSO READ  EFCC Denies Its Chairman Said 'Coronavirus Is Caused By Corruption' But Video Evidence Shows He Said It (Watch Video)

“It is clear that this hatchet job is aimed toward distracting the laborious working well being officers and misinforming Nigerians with a view to create panic.

“The Federal Government won’t be distracted in its efforts to struggle this illness and preserve Nigerians secure.

“Therefore, we urge all Nigerians to disregard the senseless audio,” he mentioned.

Mohammed mentioned that it was additionally faux and handiwork of scammers, the information being circulated on social media that authorities deliberate to pay N8,500 to every citizen to remain at residence for one month beginning from March 30,” NAN quoted him as saying.

He additionally urged these looking for real and up-to-date data on Coronavirus to go online to the web site of the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).



Source

Leave a Comment